Some Bunny Loves You Easter Sign With Template

DIY Easter Sign some bunny loves you by H2OBungalow

This some bunny loves you Easter sign is one of those projects that just kind of takes it own course.  I’m not sure where the phrase “some bunny loves you came from.  It’s a cute little saying that comes back around every Easter in our family.

I was planning to showcase easter eggs today.  I was working on them when I started thinking about this bunny sign and how much fun it would be to share it.

Oh…yes…I…did.

It was like, 2pm yesterday and I pushed the eggs aside and started digging through the garage for some wood.  Made a template and started painting 20 minutes later.  You can make your own Easter sign much faster if you don’t start another project first :)

You’ll need a few supplies to make your own some bunny loves you Easter sign.

• Piece of wood about 16 x 9 inches
  • Bunny and word template download Here For personal use only.
  • Paint of your choice
  • Paintbrushes
  • Graphite paper
  • Clear wax or sealer depending on your paint type.

Paint your board.

paint a board to make easter bunny sign

Position the words and bunny template.

position Bunny template onto wood sign Tape one side of the template and slip the graphite paper underneath.  Then I added another small piece of tape on the other side to hold the template and the graphite in place. I love this stuff it’s so easy to use!  Trace with a pencil.  You don’t need to press too hard.

Line up graphite paper for bunny sign Your letters will come out best if you use a fine tip paintbrush to paint the letters.  My little some bunny loves you Easter sign needed more umph.  So I added a little white around the bunny.

add details to the bunny sign

It still needed more. I added a one inch band of green on the top and bottom with pink flowers.  These are the same flowers I painted on my DIY Easter planter guest post for Sew Woodsey Blog earlier this week.  There’s a quick tutorial you can see here.

Flower detail on some bunny loves you sign by H2Obunaglow

Seal your Bunny art with wax or a sealer.  That’s all there is to it.

DIY Easter some bunny loves you sign by H2OBungalow

And the Easter eggs?  I’ll finish them up to share another day.  I’m still trying to find the perfect place to display my little decoration.  I’m glad I threw everything aside and made my some bunny loves you Easter sign to share today.  I hope you enjoy it.  Download the free template and make one too!

Oh, and there’s lots more Easter decorating below!

All week long we are sharing Easter crafts and decor to inspire and get you ready for Easter. There’s a huge amount of talent in these Easter decorating posts below.  Be sure to visit and pin them all!

easter

signature

Don’t miss a single creative idea I share!  Click here to get my posts sent to your mailbox or follow here on Bloglovin.  Either way, keep in touch!

Comments Make My Day

• says

Christy…and I LOVE your sign too! I guess the eggs just weren’t inspiring enough for either of us! Of course as soon as the pressure is off I come up with an egg idea I like. Oh well, it’s material for an other post :) Thank you for visiting!

1. says

Oh Wendi, This is the perfect addition to any Easter Table or party. You are so good at the little details. I love it. Happily pinning your Easter sign :)
    Make it a wonderful Wednesday!

• says

Meegan, It was a great day, I hope yours was as well! Such a nice compliment on my bunny sign…thank you & thanks for visiting today :)

• says

Thanks Nancy! Yes… My egg project wasn’t inspiring me…at all! I’m happy with how this bunny sign turned out and I’m so very glad I switched projects. Of course tonight I thought of a few good ideas on finishing out the eggs. HaHa. Go figure :)

2. says

Super cute sign, Wendi! My boys would love it. :) I’ve heard of graphite paper but I’ve never tried it- it might be easier to do my graphic transfers that way. Thanks for joining the Easter tour this week and sharing your creativity!

• says

Jen, Thank you for including me! It’s been a fun week with terrific projects from everyone! Try the graphite paper, you’ll love it and it’s easy to work with. Thanks for visiting today:)

• says

Paula, This would be darling in a classroom. I hope you do use the template and make one. It’s really easy, you could whip one up in no time at all! Thank you for stopping by and the thumbs up on my bunny sign:)

3. says

Wendi,
    Can I just say your bunny sign is the cutest??!! And I love that you were working on one project and decided to switch gears and create the sweet little bunny sign instead! That happens to me all the time too. I’m glad you did, because little Miss Bunny is perfect for Easter!

• says

Michelle, I loved reading that it happens to everyone else too! It’s funny, of course that is when there’s a good outcome…otherwise not so much! LOL I’m really happy with Miss Bunny too! She is our first Easter decoration for the house. Thanks for dropping by:)

4. says

I love your bunny sign Wendi! I love how you added the pink and the green! I have never tried graphite paper before but you made it look so easy I am going to have to try it!

• says

Shanna, Graphite paper is so easy to use, you’d love working with it! Thanks for the sweet comment on my bunny sign. I’m happy with the colors too:)

• says

Hilarious Therese! You absolutely should hop on over to Michael’s and get the graphite paper. If you hippity-hop down the stencil isle you’ll find it there. Of course now that the pressure of the post is over I’ve thought up a fun use for the eggs..so it’s a happy ending all around :) Thanks for stopping by friend!

• says

That’s so nice of you to say! Thank you Jennifer! It’s been a blast this week watching the Easter creativity from everyone. Glad to have met you!

• says

Why thanks Jeanette! Our family is corny enough to use this phrase at Easter which made this sign even more fun to make. I appreciate you stopping by from the Easter & craft showcase:)

5. says

Oh my! So cute!! Love it love it love it! Just wanted to stop by and say hello from the Easter Crafts and Decor Showcase.

P.S. Pinning!

Mandy @ The Hankful House Blog

• says

Thank you , thank you, thank you Mandy! I have to admit this was a fun project and I’m still loving it every time I walk by. Your creative carrots would look pretty good next to this sign too:) Thanks for your visit and the pin is always appreciated!

• says

Lauren, I know you love puns.. you and I both. I’ve been saying this silly line for years at Easter, I finally got to use it! Maybe my family won’t think I’m so corney now. Ha! Thanks for the visit friend:)

• says

Christy, Thank you so much! Graphite paper is easy to use. I learned about it from a friend and fellow blogger and have been using it ever since! It’s great for graphics too. Thank you for stopping by:)

Trackbacks